Saturday, February 13, 2016

In Order To Break Stereotypes...

Only 62% of women believe that working women have to face more judgements on their looks or their appearance or their clothes than housewives. Only 70% of women agree that the maximum number of judgements on women come from the men in their family or among friends rather than strangers. Hardly 64% of women agree that the judgements passed on them during their lifespan have affected their abilities to reach their real potential. And only 69% of men agree that their judgement of women is based on their looks, appearance and what they wear. These statistics conclude quite clearly that a majority of men and women agree that men and their judgemental outlook towards women based on their looks are not less than a crime. It is a crime because such things inhibit women to excel in their life. What right has someone, to do all this? Just because someone is born as a male, does he obtain a lifetime visa to be judgemental about a woman on how she appears to them?

Why do men not have the guts to see women equalling them? In fact, a woman is always far better than a man, in all respects. But in general, a woman never competes with a man. She never tries to boast about her talent, her capabilities and her real potential. Otherwise, a man also knows that a woman is always supreme because she is a mother, home maker and a true companion in life. It really hurts to see when a woman gets judged based on what she wears, what she looks like, how she talks, how she walks etc. Rather it hurts more when her work, capabilities and talent are ignored. It has been devastating to see why women bother about looking presentable to others rather than to live for themselves. Why is a woman always worried about how men around her will perceive her?

I had faced such a judgement for the first time in my childhood. It was one of my uncles who commented on my dress when I was too young. I didn’t like it. I couldn’t let in the concept on how someone else was getting affected by what I was wearing. I shared those remarks later with my mother. Thanks to her for giving me a lifetime advice. She gave me a valuable lesson. I understood it and after that I have never bothered about how I will be perceived by others based on what I wear. The valuable lesson that my mother gave me is that we have to live our life not to please someone especially men, but our own self by setting the bar for our aspirations.

nihar-naturals-statistics-women (1)

“I’m breaking stereotypes based on appearance by sharing my experience for the #IAmCapable activity at BlogAdda in association with Nihar Naturals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Coming Over!
Your Suggestions And Reactions Are Valuable. It would feel great to respond to you. Do respond and remark here in the Comments Section!